Thursday, August 07, 2008

Procrastination week month

Oh no, I've not posted anything since I came back from Melbourne. Nearly a month now. I do have good excuses though :P

The cold
I went down with cold from Melbourne. It was the worst cold I've ever had. I even went to the doctor twice. The fever was bothering me so much, even though I've taken medicine, it didn't get away. (Btw, my sister's bf is a chemist, he was the one who suggested me the medicine. Usually it works). I was getting worried, nearly 3 days and no improvement. I really needed to go back to work as soon as possible, I've taken so many leave days. So I went to see a doctor since I can get a medical certificate as well. Seeing a doctor in Australia is just so hard. You have to make appointment first and usually you need to wait for another week, which is practically useless if you are really sick. This is one of my reasons, I don't usually see a doctor, just straight to the chemist (except if I got unexplainable sickness, which has never happened before). Luckily, I got my appointment in the same day after calling several clinic (I found yellow pages is the best way to find nearest clinic).

The drugs
It was quite funny, the doctor didn't give any extra prescriptions. She said I've taken the right medicines which was Neurofen plus and Panadol. But I found out that I haven't taken enough dosage. Things got better, no more fever. The next day, we had our house warming party and house blessing in the evening. I stupidly taken Neurofen plus with my empty stomach before the mass started. So during the mass was totally doze off, I felt so sick. I hope I didn't offend anyone during the party. I felt so terrible since I was the host and I wasn’t entertaining at all and also forgot to thank everyone that came and help during the party. I have no appetite at all that night, even though there was plenty of good food.

The morning after
It was so worst. I couldn’t eat anything, I kept wanted to vomit. My body was just so weak, I could feel it reached the toll. I ended up vomited nearly anything. Now I can understand if someone pregnant and having their morning sickness, it’s realy hard. I cried that day, physically and mentally I simply couldn’t take it anymore.

I’ve asked to be taken to the hospital but no one could drive me there. My sister has to drive my auntie to the airport that night. Thankfully, my mum cancelled her flight for another week.

The next morning, I got better. I don’t feel so sick anymore. But I still went to see a doctor. The doctor believes it was the drugs affected my stomach. I just don’t understand how strong was the small tablet can caused that much problem. Another funny part is, she asked me twice, whether I wasn’t pregnant. I look at her convincingly and said I am definitely not pregnant. Why would she asked me that, I thought that was so silly.

The procrastination started
During my last sick day, I tried to blog and upload my Melbourne trip photo, but the Internet wasn’t working with me. I can’t really deal with any more frustration so I just take it easy.

It came to my realisation that I have agreed to design a logo for my friend, just before I got really sick. I promised him it would be done in another 2 weeks. But, a week has gone by. Oh my…

Back to the office, I have lots of things to finish. It was quite full on everyday. My mum has gone back to Indo too. It wasn’t very excited. We have to do all the housework by our self again.

Now, I only have one day to finish my friend logo. Huff, I don’t know why I accepted the job T_T I want my relaxing day back. I am completely doom.

No comments: