Monday, September 22, 2008

Shinzi Katoh mugs collection



Shinzi Katoh is Japan’s best known Zakka artist and illustrator/designer (read more about him in here). His illustrations style is still very 70's, which I quite fond of it. I fall in love the most with his due caffe mug. It's such a clever concept, top for my biscuits and below for my tea. No more hassle carrying my tea and biscuits through the stairs and opening doors in the office -_-"



I first saw the mug at Melbourne design exhibition, months ago. I wasn't aware about Shizi Katoh at that time and thinking about the hassle carrying breakable items back to Brisbane, so I neglect the idea of buying the mug. But when I accidentally found the mugs again, I promise my self to get one of this. Seriously, I was like a mad cat lady (from the Simpsons) when I saw the whole collections of Shinzi Katoh. It was the first time I was introduce to Zakka — the things that make people feel happy and exist like a comfortable air. Now, I trully understand why Japanesse do lots of cute unnecessary stuff.



I would recommend you to grab Shinzi Katoh items from here, UK site and the original Japanese site, here. Both have the best range of Shinzi Katoh collections. You will need this guide to shop in Japanesse site unless you can read Kanji (thanks to Charlotte from anknel and burblets). If you still can't get enough of it, check Shinzi Katoh flickr group here.

Tell me which one is your favourite? … I know it's so hard to pick. I hope my sister would get me one for my Birthday, next month. I'll let her decide ^^

No comments: