Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Nagahama Ramen Gold Coast



I used to dislike ramen. I had given my self many chance to like them. I tried ramen at the famous Wagamama that seems to be everyone favourite, then again at Top Noodles, and few other places as well. Unfortunately, from all different types of ramen, none of them suits my taste bud.



Then, he (my-not-yet-bf) took me to this ramen shop at Gold Coast. He said it is the BEST! I was being honest and told him that I don’t like ramen. But, I was willing to give it a try. (I must noted about his knowledge about Japanese Culture and his taste in food is really good. I completely trust him on this two. Although, he rated Top Noodles really low which I thought was not bad -_-“ He completely bans me to eat at Top Noodles anymore!!!).



Now, I grew my affection with Nagahama Ramen. It's a tonkatsu (pork bones) based soup. Seriously, there is so much richness with the broth. It will taste even better if you added some benishoga (red pickled ginger), crushed sesame seeds and the most important is TAKANA (spicy pickled vege)! I really can’t get enough of takana. Recently, they charge $1 for one small container of takana (shown in second photo). It is rather a bad news T_T

Remember to visit the Ramen shop when you’re down at the Coast! The whole shop is in orange colour. It won’t be hard to find. The Address: Shop 25, Center Arcade, Surfers Paradise, Queensland. If you are interested to know a bit more history about Nagahama Ramen, please visit here.

No comments: