Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The talented person behind the catchy illustrations at QAG

from the 'Andy Warhol' exhibitions

I've been wondering who's the talented designer who creates the amazing characters at Queensland Art Gallery (QAG) and Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA). The very recent/most popular exhibition is
Andy Warhol exhibition. I am sure most of Brisbane art/design lovers had visited this exhibition. You may recalled there are some wacko Andy Warhol's character appears in some of the walls, explains few bits more of his works. Then if you are a hoarder like me, you might grab the cute square children's activity book (the picture shown). All those nice illustration is actually designed by Fiona-Lee (a.ka. Bonsai Foi), the inhouse illustrator/designer at the QAG/GOMA.

I believe she has been working there for couple years by now. She has been behind all the great characters created in every exhibitions for kids. From the famous turtle mascot for
Asia–Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art exhibition to the Yayoi Kusama exhibitions (the dots), there're also the cat, the gnome, the bug and not to forget the bat from other exhibitions. The list can just go on, please check her websites or her flickr set.

The cute activity books for kids

I wish I could do work as fun as hers.
ps: I think she is my work mate's (a.k.a marshmallow cat) best friend, who her self is very talented illustrator too. I found it over flickr, yesterday morning.

No comments: