Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Visiting the strawberry farm

strawberry farm

It was an unplanned trip, we decided to make a stop for our finale dessert. Just after we had a big meal ribs at a birthday lunch at Mike's Kitchen at Gold Coast. The strawberry farm is located in between Gold Coast and Brisbane (exit 49 from Brisbane).

It was my first trip to the strawberry farm, everything looked dry at that time. I wasn't quite sure if strawberry could grow in such hot climate, since it was summer. We parked our car in front of their small shop. They sell their own homemade products and strawberries (of course, heaps of them). The one that intrigues me the most is their chilli jam. I've heard of it once, but I still wasn't quite sure what was it. (if anyone know, could you tell me what it taste) Unfortunately, I was running out of cash. I needed to spare my money for the main thing, which is the strawberry ice cream. So I didn't buy anything much, just a big tray of strawberries.

strawberry ice cream

I just love strawberry ice cream more than any other flavour. But this ice cream is not like any ordinary strawberry ice cream, it is filled with fresh
, chopped strawberries covered with the strawberry ice cream (of course) and thick whip cream on the top. This wasn't my first experience eating this kind of ice cream. I had it twice at Ekka festival and it was the BEST strawberry ice cream I've ever had. (Ekka festival is held around early August).

I was so thrilled about the ice cream, since I thought I can only get this kind of ice cream at the festival. After I tried it, it turned out to be a disappointment. The strawberry wasn't really sweet, it taste a bit bitter.
I guess it might not be the right season for strawberry.

strawberry fudge

The ice cream wasn't the only thing they served. They have strawberry fudge, waffle, and etc. So why don't you visit the strawberry farm for a break on your way to Gold coast. You can even pick your own strawberries at the farm if you have plenty time.

This trip was actually happening a year ago. I forgot to post it and yet it's an exciting story to tell.

What is the best ice-cream that you have tasted before? Any favourite pit stop that you would like to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.